Saturday, April 3, 2010

China Glaze: Grape Juice and Raspberry Festival

It's so hard to get back on track when I want to show you the polish I'm wearing today so much!  But after skipping the post that I had planned for yesterday to showcase Timbleberry, I feel the need to go back and cover what I missed.

Because let's face it.  China Glaze's glass fleck polishes?  TOO GOOD TO MISS!

Grape Juice.  Oh, how lovely!  Can I admit that this is the one polish from that collection that I thought I could live without?  I very humbly retract that statement!


Just look at this shine!  All of the light-refracting glass flecks in this polish make it gorgeous.  Packing jelly polish with these little babies was sheer genius.

Who could really decline to wearing something so shimmery and gorgeous out on a sunny day?


Though it looks rather blue in the bottle, it's not. :)  My nails in these pictures are a much better representation of true color than this bottle shot.


Cute enough to eat. <3

This was two coats of Grape Juice, and I felt it was a good amount.  In the sun pictures, I can see that it's still a bit sheer.  This doesn't bother me considering the type of polish being worked with, but if it bothers you, hit it with another coat.  I also feel the need to say that I do have very short nails compared to other blogging laides.  I didn't see a visible nail line under two coats, but you may.  Sweep on another coat or two until you're satisfied with the results. :)


So, onto China Glaze's Raspberry Festival.  I should just warn you now...
 

That's right.  I'm going out on a limb and showing you my pudgy little Hobbit toes.  But let me tell you.  Nobody in Middle Earth could resist these little tootsies. lol  I put this polish on Thursday.  After wearing open-toed shoes, spending too many hours in my work shoes, running around bare-foot, and just being a bit unkind to my feet in general, this polish hasn't budged.


LOOK AT HOW SHINY IS IT!!!
Raspberry Festival is my Preeeeciiioooouuuussssssssssss. <3
Not to mention that I was so darn lucky in finding it for $3.99 at Ulta a while back!


Oh my goodness, I love these polishes!  Of China Glaze's 2009 Summer Collection (consisting of Raspberry Festival, Cherry Pie, Orange Marmalade, Strawberry Fields, Grape Juice, and Watermelon Rind), I'm only missing Cherry Pie and Orange Marmalade.  And you can bet your sweet glass flecks that they're on my list to buy!  The collection is so perfect for the bright sun that I may forgo most of the new Pool Side neons to get my hands on this collection.


What do you think?  Are you in love with the glass fleck?  Which is your favorite color from the collection?  Should I just give my stubby toes back to the Hobbits already?

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment