Sunday, September 12, 2010

China Glaze - Bogie

My poor nail polish.  It never lasts.

I bake bread for a restaurant in my city, so I spend many hours a week doing (quite literally) hands-on work.  My painted nails are lucky if they survive through a single day, so I tend to go out of my way after I get off work on Friday to give myself a nice manicure that I'll be happy to wear all weekend long.  This particular Friday, though, I couldn't decide what color I wanted to wear.  I have four new-ish Color Club polishes that I want to wear, but I have some very tempting standby polishes that I love to pieces.

What's a girl to do?

Generally, the answer to this question isn't "raid your mum's new polishes."

I was in a rush to get ready to go out with a friend, though, so I didn't have time to be indecisive.  I grabbed her bottle of Bogie and got down to business.  Also, advanced apologies for poor lighting and slight mess.  Haha!





When I first saw the Vintage Vixens promos, there were only a couple colors that I was interested in seeing.  Hey Doll ended up being a lot more of a dusty pink than I like, so I was hoping I'd like Bogie more.  It's a rather pretty color, but not something I personally love.  There is a very subtle shimmer to it, which you can see in the pictures (are they clickable?  I don't remember, lol).

I ended up taking Bogie off that evening and applying a different color.  Nothing against it, just not a color I could really fall for.

Due to all the computer issues, I was pretty much MIA during the Vintage Vixens era.  Did anyone love it as much as they thought they would?

3 comments:

  1. that colour is pretty, but I didn't find anything in the VV collection that really grabbed me enough to buy 'em. more money for other ones right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thought exactly! I'm a polish hoarder for sure, but I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, welcome! Thank you for following my blog! :) I really dig way you position your hands in your pictures. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete