Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nudies + Grab Bag

You read right.  Nudie nails.  It doesn't really ever happen anymore, so I thought I'd take a picture to commemorate the day.


They're short and kind of stained, but they're mine, and I like them. :)  There's not a lot that I can do about the length.  I'm always wearing strengthening base coats, but my nails always split and peel at the edges.  Especially my pointer and middle fingers.  When they peel, they're weakened, and when they're weak like that, they grow very oddly.  It's much easier to keep them short than be bothered by their awkward growth.  As for the stains, well...  All I have to say for myself is that my love for Four Leaf Clover (the only polish I've known to stain me) is greater than my love of perfect nails.

I actually went with nothing but a clear coat for almost eight hours.  And I'm proud to say that I wasn't sleeping ANY of that time!  Haha!  It was pretty distracting to let them go bare like this.  I found myself looking at my nails so much.  Awkward...

While I was cleaning out my old photo folder before The Wipe, I deleted a lot of old nail pictures.  I found a few pictures of random that I did save, though. :)  I don't think that it would hurt to post them.

These hands are clearly not mine, but I did the nail polish. :)  My mum's best friend's daughter (pretty much my adopted little sister) asked me to do her nails for prom this year, and this is what we came up with.  I was pretty proud of it, considering I'd never done a French manicure before.  The color we used for the tips was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in (I believe it's called) The Real Teal.

This was two coats of China Glaze's Turned Up Turquoise and one coat of China Glaze's Medallion.  I usually don't like gold, but I liked these two colors together.  If I did this again, though, I'd go with a base color that leans more blue than green.

I did this one while I was working long, ridiculous hours between the two jobs.  Two coats of China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint and two coats of China Glaze's Dollhouse.  I've had Dollhouse for quite a while, and just wanted to use it on something.  Ehhhhh... :)  And the green got all bubbly on me.  My coats were too thick, I guess.

I did this one quite a long while ago, but it was really pretty!  Two coats of Orly's Enchanted Forest and one coat (ONE COAT!) of Cover Girl's City Lights.  So stunning out in the sunshine!


What fun combinations have you found?  I love contrasting colors, and I'm open to suggestions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment