Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Piggy Polish - Grey-t

Here's a few pictures of a manicure I did earlier this month.

I really loved this gray.  Gray polishes... swoon.  I love them!  I enjoy lighter grays, too, but my favorites are deep grays.  This polish was no exception at all.  It's probably not evident in the pictures, but I tried to do a glitter gradient.  It's the first time I've ever messed with something like that, though, so I don't think it worked quite right... :)  Can you see it a little, though?

 This manicure was one coat (one coat!) of Piggy Polish's Grey-t from their new fall collection, and three coats (one full nail coat, one coat started at mid nail, and one coat just at the tips) of Cover Girl's City Lights.

I know that City Lights is old news, but it's absolutely gorgeous.  Perfect all-over glitter in one coat.

Not quite done with my glittered-up-grays kick, I used Grey-t on my toes as well, with two coats of China Glaze's Shooting Stars.  Fun story?  My favorite dusty doesn't have great lighting.  When I bought it, I thought that it was just dense silver microglitter with those iridescent hexes.  But when I got it outside, BLAM!  What I thought was silver was really gorgeous holo microglitter.  I was in sparkly heaven.


I'm really liking Piggy Polish's fall collection (I already have two of the colors and I might go back for more), but I'm not digging that they went up in price.  Boo, hiss.  Have you tried Piggy Polish?  Gray or grey?  Which is it, anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty gray and I love the glitter on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i love grays too!! the glitter over it really makes it different - in a good way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely! I love greys. I've only tried one Piggy Polish (Just Before Dawn), and I didn't know they went up in price...boo. :(

    ReplyDelete